The quality of a university education is one thing to consider when picking a school, but price can be just as important. In fact, cost of tuition can actually outweigh other factors like reputation and location when evaluating whether or not to attend a particular institution. Luckily for those of us who are looking for better bang for their buck, there are many options available at public universities that offer world-class academics at affordable prices. So if you’re not sure where to start your college search – or if you’re looking for an option outside the Ivy League – this list is here to help!
Best Public University Rankings
Best public university rankings are based on a variety of factors, and each ranking system is different. For example, one list might focus on the quality of education offered by each school while another may focus on admissions standards or student satisfaction.
The main problem with these rankings is that they’re often criticized for being subjective and biased–and there’s no way to be sure if a particular list is accurate or not.
Top 10 In United States
If you’re looking for the top public universities in the United States, this list is for you. All of these schools are ranked as some of the best colleges in America by U.S. News & World Report and Forbes.
The University of California (UC) system has five campuses on this list: Berkeley (#1), Los Angeles (#3), Santa Barbara (#5), San Diego (#7). and Davis (#10). The University of Michigan at Ann Arbor comes in second place with its undergraduate program while Virginia rounds out our Top 10 with its Master’s programs at #4 and Ph.D program at #6 (tied with UC San Diego). The remaining four spots belong to UNC Chapel Hill (#2), UT Austin (#4) UCLA (#6) and UCSB again–this time for engineering!
Top 10 Most Affordable In America
The cost of attending a public university can be daunting, especially if you’re a first-generation student or come from an underprivileged background. However, there are ways to make sure that money doesn’t stand in your way of getting an education.
Before we get started with our list of top 10 most affordable public universities in America, let’s take a look at some tips on how to compare costs between schools:
- In-state vs out-of-state tuition – When comparing schools, remember that in-state students pay much less than those who live outside the state where their school is located. If there’s one thing we’ve learned from watching “The Office” (and other sitcoms), it’s this: always go where everyone else isn’t going! If you choose an out-of-state school and live nearby where there are other colleges nearby, chances are high that someone will recognize you as an outsider who doesn’t belong there.”
Top Public Universities In Canada
- University of Toronto
- McGill University
- University of British Columbia (UBC)
- University of Alberta (UAlberta)
- Universite de Montreal (Universite de Montreal)
- Universite Laval
Get quality education at great price
If you’re interested in getting a quality education at a great price, then consider attending a public university. Public universities offer many advantages over their private counterparts.
- Affordability: Public colleges tend to be much cheaper than their private counterparts because they don’t have to generate revenue through tuition and fees (they’re funded by taxpayers). This means that if you qualify for financial aid and have good grades, it’s possible for you to attend college without taking out loans or having to take on additional part-time work while enrolled in school.
- Accessibility: Because they serve all students regardless of race, gender identity/expression or socioeconomic status–and because most of them offer in-state tuition rates–public universities provide more opportunities for people from disadvantaged backgrounds than do private institutions that often require higher test scores or GPAs from applicants before admitting them into their programs (and charging higher fees).
- Quality: Many public universities are just as strong academically as their private counterparts; some even outperform them! According to U.S News & World Report’s 2019 Best Colleges Rankings Report released earlier this year, these 10 public schools were named among its top 25 national institutions overall (alongside several other prestigious names): University of California Berkeley (#1), University Of Michigan Ann Arbor (#2), Georgia Institute Of Technology Atlanta (#3), Massachusetts Institute Of Technology Cambridge MA (#4), Virginia Polytechnic Institute And State University Blacksburg VA (#5), Texas A&M University College Station TX (#6), Purdue University West Lafayette IN (#7) etcetera…
We hope this list of the best public universities in America has helped you find the perfect school for your needs. Remember, there are many factors to consider when choosing where to go for college, but one thing is certain: if you want an affordable education with high-quality professors and facilities, and don’t mind living on campus–then a public university ranking may be right for you!